The answer always is “Yes We Can Help.”
How To Handle Smoke Damage
We are available 24 hours, 7 days a week for our customers. We will respond immediately to assess the smoke damage and help you find temporary shelter- no matter time of day or night. In response to your disaster, our team can provide Emergency Board-up and Tarping, emergency Water Damage removal, Fire Damage Removal, structural drying, preservation of contents, Packout Services and temporary power. We do everything necessary to protect your home or business from the elements and further damage.
After the damage has been assessed, we clean and deodorize your home or business’ structure as well as any items affected by soot and smoke. We restore the affected areas and contents back to its pre-loss condition.
Many homeowners are surprised by how widespread smoke damage and fire damage can be. You need to find and assess the damage to make an accurate claim.
Finding Smoke Damage
First, understand that heat rises. Hot air pushes smoke upwards throughout your home. When the heated molecules move faster, the smoke travels more rapidly throughout your home.
Second, check everywhere in your home for smoke damage.
There are obvious places to check – like carpets, ceilings, and curtains. There are also less obvious places – like the clothes in your dresser drawers that may be affected by smoke. Check the folds of your curtains, the pillows of your couch, and every fabric in your home for smoke.
What Are The Next Steps
Smoke particles are positively charged, which means they’re naturally attracted to metal and synthetic materials. Couches, rugs, carpets, and other flat surfaces of your home could be covered in soot.
After checking the visible parts of your home, it’s time to inspect your home more closely. Check your ductwork, including your heating and air conditioning systems (especially if they were running at the time the smoke damage occurred). Smoke can easily make its way inside the ducts and, from there, throughout the rest of your home.
During the process, we provide the following:
• Structure Cleaning: Even when the fire is out, the damage continues. Much of the material found in furniture and flooring is synthetic. When burned, synthetics create a variety of complex chemical reactions. After only a few days, these items go from cleanable to unsalvageable. Our technicians at ServiceMaster Restoration by Advanced are experts in understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage belongings. They can even remove soot from at-risk items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile and porcelain as well as fabrics in upholstery and carpets, thus helping to avoid additional expenses. The faster you react, the better chance of salvaging your belongings.
• Content Packout Services/Pack In: In the event of a Fire Damage loss often times your personal belongings are affected and in order to properly mitigate the loss it is often necessary to remove your belongings from your property to not only restore the structure, but also your textiles, furniture, etc. Not all of your belongings may be affected or contaminated, but removals from the property would ensure a more effective and efficient restoration.
• Content Restoration: Providing quality fire damage restoration requires a high level of expertise and understanding plus a variety of technology and equipment. ServiceMaster Restoration by Advanced uses cleaning procedures to correctly clean and restore your Fire Damage contents.
• Electronic Refurbishment: ServiceMaster Restoration by Advanced has the ability to restore electronic equipment that has been affected during a Fire Damage loss. We have the capacity to refurbish anything from radios and CD players to data recovery from computers and modems. We offer a guarantee that if we are unable to restore any item to pre-loss condition that there will be no charge for that item.
• Textile Restoration: Highly trained textile cleaners specialize in restoration of laundry and dry cleaning for all types of losses, adept at restoring garments and textiles damaged by Water Damage, Fire Damage/Smoke Damage or exposure to Mold Damage and other contaminants. We offer an effective, efficient and proven solution for insurance professionals to reduce costs.
What you should or shouldn’t do after a fire to reduct odors & soot:
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- If it uses forced hot air, change the air filter on the furnace.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over returns, and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air.
- Do not touch anything with your bare hands. Oils from hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Do not wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue.
We Do It All
During the mitigation and rebuilding of your property, we will provide temporary storage of your belongings. Contents will be stored at a secure location. If any of your belongings are damaged, we will provide a list of those items that are non-salvageable to you and your insurance company for documentation.
We can assist property owners from the beginning to the end. After the damage has been assessed, we will provide the necessary services to restore your home. We also have the ability to offer Reconstruction management services that can repair your property damages including roof repair, trim and drywall installation, finishing and painting.
Call us today and let us restore your home and your peace of mind. (501) 943-7606