The answer always is “Yes We Can Help.”
What If I Find Mold
If you find mold in your home, it’s important to get it removed as quickly as possible! Not only is mold unsightly and unsanitary, but it can also have a significant impact on the air quality of your living space. Left unchecked, mold growth can cause chronic health issues for those living in your home. In addition, it can damage the structure of your home, causing warping and deterioration of walls, floors, or whatever other surfaces the mold grows on.
Where To Look For Mold
Mold grows and thrives in wet and moist areas in your home. If your home experiences Water Damage, mold growth is often not far behind. Luckily, our water damage restoration technicians thoroughly check for signs of mold, mildew, and other bacterial growth when they perform Water Damage removal and restoration services at your home. However, some Water Damage can go undetected for an extended period of time. Think of a leak in the roof or in an underused area of the basement. When this type of Water Damage occurs, mold often accompanies it, only worsening over time. If you find any warping or detect a musky odor in any part of your home, it could be mold.
What To Do After Finding Mold
We are available 24 hours, 7 days a week for our customers. We will respond immediately to assess potential mold damage.
After discovering the source and type of mold, we begin mold remediation by sanitizing and deodorizing your property and your affected belongings. Our trained professional will use specialized mold removal products.
Our procedures include:
- Cleaning walls
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Furniture and other contents in your home
Follow these 8 tips for mold:
- Protect Yourself: Put on personal protective equipment (gloves, mask, goggles) to protect your eyes, nose, mouth, and skin.
- Toss: Take it out! Anything that was wet with flood water that can’t be cleaned and dried in 24 to 48 hours should be taken outside. Take photos of discarded items for filing insurance claims.
- Air It Out: Open all doors and windows when working, and leave as many open as you safely can when you leave.
- Circulate: When electricity is safe to use, use fans and dehumidifiers to remove moisture.
- Don’t Mix Cleaners: If you use cleaning products, do not mix cleaning products together. DO NOT mix bleach and ammonia together it will create toxic vapors.
- Scrub Surfaces: Clean with water and detergent. Remove all mold you can see. Dry right away.
- Don’t Cover It, Remove It: Painting or caulking over mold will not prevent mode from growing. Fix the water problem completely and clean up all the mold before you paint or caulk.
- Dry It Up: Dry your home and everything in it as quickly as possible, within 24 -48 hours if possible.
We Do It All
We can assist property owners from the beginning to the end. After the damage has been assessed, we will provide the necessary services to restore your home. We also have the ability to offer Reconstruction management services that can repair your property damages including roof repair, trim and drywall installation, finishing and painting.
To schedule a mold inspection or removal services today, call and let us restore your home and your peace of mind. (501) 943-7606