The answer is alway “Yes We Can Help.”
Hoarding Tendencies Involves Special Needs And ServiceMaster Can Help
- We understand the emotional pain of hoarding for both hoarders and their families.
- We use a method that guides the hoarder in the cleaning and removal of items by building trust and cleaning skills through repetition and positive reinforcement.
- We use a proven process developed with hoarding clean up expert Matt Paxton to provide:
- A realistic and honest approach with the hoarder and his or her family
- Communication that is free of judgment
- Specially trained and compassionate teams that are experienced helping people through difficult restoration situations
We strongly encourage hoarders to take advantage of mental health services before and after cleaning. At ServiceMaster Restore® By Advanced we understand how people are affected by the hoarding disorder and our trained staff are prepared to do what is right for the hoarder.If you find yourself, a family member, or even a friend dealing with a hoarding situation, don’t be embarrassed, it’s not due to poor organization or laziness. Compulsive hoarding is a complex anxiety disorder that makes it difficult for a person to discard or part with possessions, regardless of actual value.
Services Also Include
- Help locate lost jewelry, hidden money and/or other valuable items
- Debris Removal
- Coordinate recycling and shredding
- Help distribute donations
- Assist in distributing kept items to family members (local and national)
- Facilitate paperwork required by government agencies, lawyers and trusts
- A Thorough Process From Start to Finish and Beyond
ServiceMaster By Advanced has developed a proven process to help individuals affected by hoarding and overwhelming clutter to clean out a home, and move towards a clutter-free life. The process is divided into three main phases:
Phase 1: Understanding, listening, connecting.
- Because our goal is to keep the home clean, we make the effort to fully understand the problem before proceeding.
- We work with the family and individual to make sure everyone is on board, always keeping the customer in charge. This may include reference to a local therapist or social services.
- We build trust over time and show our customer full respect.
Phase 2: Creating a plan, cleaning, sorting.
- We develop a restoration plan that serves as a roadmap to the entire clean-out.
- We help organize spaces and remaining possessions.
- Our teams handle all the details including donation, recycling, and disposal of unwanted items and help families sanitize and display kept items in the home. We can also sort, document and help deliver donated items to the customer’s selected nonprofit organization.
Phase 3: Family, post-clean follow-up.
- We ensure that the individual and family create a plan to keep and maintain a clean home.
- We also provide short-term phone follow-up to see if the home is being maintained or if additional help is needed.
- Whether we’re working with family members, a therapist, or the customer, we bring invaluable insight that will help the entire process go smoothly and successfully, with the customer always in control.
We Do It All
We can assist property owners from the beginning to the end. It is our goal to provide piece of mind for the homeowner that all the needs of mitigation and repairs are taken care of. After the damage has been mitigated, we can offer Reconstruction management services that can repair your property damages including roof repairs, trim and drywall installation, finishing, and painting.
Call us today and let us restore your home and your peace of mind. (501) 943-7606